An adhesive tape has a wide scope of usage. Among all the types the double-sided tape is preferred mostly. As it might be clear from the name, this tape has an adhesive layer on both sides
The assortment of materials makes the double-sided tape become an indispensable part of the day-to-day lives of office workers, as well as of students' bags, decorators' tool cases and every storage equipment
The double-sided tape is useful in sticking a poster or a table to a wall, hanging a mirror or a hook for towels, fixing the carpet, packaging the load or papering the gift, what depends on the tape's characteristics
A firm double-sided tape is primarily used in fields of repair, assembling, outdoor advertising and transportation and, of course, as stationery in offices
The application of such adherent tapes is relevant when dealing with the following issues:
Виды двустороннего скотча
There are universal adhesive tapes which are designed for the work of certain types. These materials vary in its bases and adhesives
Fabric-based adhesive tape
Polypropylene-based adhesive tape
There is also a super firm double-sided tape that can withstand a significant weight. Such material enables the user to attach mirrors, shelves, and other large and heavy objects to the walls
In order to tape two objects, perform the following steps:
How to remove a tape
Durable and reliable double-sided tape has one disadvantage (which is actually the consequence of its merit) – sometimes it is badly removed and leaves traces on surfaces
We’d like to give you some recommendations for removing tape without consequences.
- Wallpaper. A stream of warm air from the hair dryer will help soften the adhesive layer. In some minutes you should hock the edge of the tape with a knife and gently remove it from the surface.
- You can try to remove a tape from the walls, ceiling and a floor by sticking a large segment of the masking tape and gradually tearing it off (you need to leave a free edge) - the tape will stretch behind it.
- The cloth. An alcohol solution and a sponge will be of use.
- Plastic. Drift oil or medical alcohol on a sticky part and in a while the tape will be easily removed (do not use solvents!).
- Unpainted surfaces. Acetone and solvent will help to remove adhesive tape and get rid of sticky traces.
- Painted surfaces. Vegetable oil can be use. The rubber drill nozzle will help to act more efficiently.
- Furniture surfaces that can’t be moistened, oiled or kept in contact with other liquids. Use a dryer in order to remove the tape. If you want to get rid of the traces use a stationery eraser.
- Solvents, acetone, abrasive materials are forbidden to use on glasses and mirrors. It’s better to use cotton pads moistened with medical alcohol, a special tool or alcohol solution.
How to choose a double-sided tape
Having studied all the information above your choice of the tape should be based on the following criteria:
- Specialization. Pick a certain type of adhesive tape according to your goals
- Surface peculiarities. Having read the tips about the tape’s removal, try to evaluate potential difficulties in advance, and choose a tape that won’t damage the furniture, walls, glass and mirror surfaces
- Give preference for products of famous brands - in this case, quality is guaranteed
- Estimate the width and length of the adhesive tape (marked on the packaging)